Are Donald Trump’s super-white teeth real or porcelain veneers?
At the Atlanta Center for Cosmetic Dentistry new patients often come to our office requesting a smile that resembles that of a celebrity. If you want to get an attractive, natural looking smile (similar to that of a celebrity’s) you need a cosmetic dentist who is highly trained, experienced, and accredited in the art of cosmetic dentistry.
Below is a letter we received from an individual asking about Donald Trump’s smile:
Letter From Individual:
Last week at work, the topic of Donald Trump’s teeth came up. I think Donald Trump’s teeth look way too white and it makes me think that they aren’t his natural teeth. At work, some people say Trump probably gets his teeth whitened every month. But, others of us say that they look too straight across and too long to be his real teeth. Can you give us a definite answer? I told everyone I would ask your office because you do a lot of celebrity smiles. I figured you would be able to tell at a glance whether Donald Trump’s teeth are real or porcelain veneers. Are they fact or fiction? LOL. – Thx. Chelsea
As a direct answer to your question, it does appear that Donald Trump received a smile makeover with porcelain restorations. That super-bright smile you described is (most likely) not a result of teeth whitening and we agree that Trump’s teeth are too white and therefore look fake. However, at the Atlanta Center For Cosmetic Dentistry, we have perfected what we call the “Smile Design Process.” With this process we are able to customize porcelain veneers to each patient to look beautiful and natural. Look at some of the natural looking smiles we have created here.
An Article about Donald Trump’s Teeth
A 2015 article in The Daily Beast included a segment on Donald Trump’s smile. In short, the reporter tells the personal story of a dental visit to a New York cosmetic dentist:
The cosmetic dentist reported that every six months, Donald Trump would come into the dental office asking for whiter porcelain veneers. In fact, the cosmetic dentist would tell Trump that if his porcelain veneers are too white they won’t look real.
The photos below show the progression of Trump’s smile over the years. You can see how the shape, spacing, and color of his teeth have changed.
A Related Story about Donald Trump’s Teeth and Porcelain Veneers
A related story about Donald Trump’s porcelain veneers is found on mynewsmile.com.
In this story, the cosmetic dentist and Trump discussed the number of porcelain veneers needed to produce the best results. Trump wanted fewer veneers than the dentist recommended. So, he left the dental office. But, later that day, he called the office and agreed to the dentist’s recommendations. Then, he scheduled an appointment for his smile makeover.
How Do You Know If You Need Porcelain Veneers or Teeth Whitening?
Fairly often, celebrity smiles are included in the conversation when people talk about getting a smile makeover. But, how do you know which cosmetic treatment is right for you? Below is some information for comparison.
- Professional (in-office) teeth whitening will make your smile brilliantly white and it will brighten the natural pigmentation of your teeth.
- Use periodic touch-up treatments at home to increase the brightness of your smile. Remember, it can take several weeks to get your teeth their brightest.
- Compared to veneers, no reduction of your natural teeth is required for whitening and nothing is bonded to your teeth.
- Whitening is less expensive than veneers.
- Consider, other cosmetic services may be better suited for your smile depending on the cause of the staining on your teeth.
- The shape, alignment, and color of your teeth can be changed in just a few visits.
- Porcelain veneers are colorfast. (Porcelain color cannot be changed after being bonded to teeth)
- An expert cosmetic dentist can certainly conceal discoloration in your teeth that whitening cannot fix.
- Veneers are often referred to as Instant Orthodontics because they make a smile beautiful almost instantly, compared to traditional orthodontics (braces.)
5014 Roswell Road NE