Our doors are open and we are seeing patients!
Our mission has always been to provide the highest quality care available to our community.
At your next appointment, in addition to upholding the OSHA standards that we have always maintained, you will notice updated office protocols, new technology, and additional equipment above and beyond the required. Please read them over so you know what to expect when you come to your appointment:
- Prior to your appointment: Patients will be asked to complete a 12-question health screening and a consent for treatment. Please sign and submit online prior to your appointment. In addition, we will securely store credit card information for contactless payment.
- Temperature checks: All team members and patients will be screened daily. Anyone with a temperature of 100° or higher will not be permitted to enter our building.
- Arrival: We ask that patients “check-in” by sending a text to 404.847.9711, letting us know you have arrived. Please include your car’s make and color. Relax in your vehicle; we will be out to greet you with a warm welcome and a temperature reading.
- Additional prevention measures: Patients will be given a hydrogen peroxide oral rinse and asked to wash their hands before being taken directly to their patient suite. Please wear a mask if you have one.
- Our new ‘look’: You will notice your hygienist or assistant fully donned with PPE (personal protection equipment) happy to see you and still smiling underneath it all. Lab coats are changed for every patient.
- Behind the scenes: As always, each suite has been meticulously prepared for your arrival. In addition to every surface being treated with the proper disinfection tools, we have added individual air purifiers that remove bacteria and viruses in each suite and throughout the office. UV light sterilization wands are also being used to ensure no surface is untreated.
- Time to say goodbye: At the end of your appointment we will schedule your next appointment and email your receipt. We will escort you to the side door to return to your car. This will limit crossing paths as much as possible.
We appreciate your understanding regarding our new procedures and hope you appreciate the added safety measures we are taking to ensure your care. We may look a little different today but are committed to delivering the same excellence and ‘Ritz Carlton’ service you are accustomed to. Thank you for allowing us to be a dedicated part of your healthcare team.
- Atlanta Center for Cosmetic Dentistry Team