CEREC® stands for Chairside Economic Restorations of Esthetic Ceramics. CEREC crowns are made of ceramic. They are a reliable and fast way to restore a badly broken or damaged tooth. Why is this method so effective in saving your tooth?
If your tooth is badly worn or broken, prompt treatment is critical. The tooth needs to be examined for external and internal damage, treated, and protected with a crown. Below are a few facts about how quickly CEREC protects teeth:
- You can receive a crown in just one appointment.
- You won’t need a temporary crown.
- At Atlanta Center for Cosmetic Dentistry, in-office CAD/CAM technology and a milling machine help us provide same-day dental restorations while you wait.
- A typical appointment lasts about two hours.
- You’ll leave our office with a natural-looking crown that preserves your natural tooth.
This option eliminates problems that result when a tooth is missing, including bone resorption or teeth drifting into the empty space. Although implants are the most effective way to replace missing teeth, whenever possible, it’s best to preserve your natural teeth.
Ceramic is strong and durable. If you take good care of it, a well-made CEREC crown can last ten years or longer. At Atlanta Center for Cosmetic Dentistry, we don’t sacrifice quality. Your restoration will be metal free and biocompatible.
We use CAD/CAM technology to take digital scans of your teeth. What are the benefits?
- We use an intraoral camera to take digital impressions of your tooth. The impressions are fast, precise, and eliminate the need for gooey impressions that can make you gag.
- The CEREC milling machine uses the 3D model to craft a block of porcelain into your crown.
- We will check your crown for proper bite and fit before we polish it and bond it to your tooth.
Not all CEREC Crowns Are Equal
A dentist with an artistic eye, who is highly skilled in using CEREC technology will give you the best, most natural looking results. At Atlanta Center for Cosmetic Dentistry, our accredited cosmetic dentists have extensive training and experience with CEREC. Their artistic inclination and creativity help them produce lifelike crowns that match your natural teeth. You can trust them for durable, highly aesthetic results. They even have the skill to use this technology and produce beautiful results on front teeth—something most dentists can’t accomplish.
If your tooth is broken, damaged, or if your crown needs to be replaced, call us at 404-994-4509 to request an appointment for a CEREC crown.