Want Straighter Teeth? 3 Facts about the Options that You Might Not Know
If you’ve been considering orthodontic treatment, you may be surprised to know that in addition to traditional metal braces or clear braces like Invisalign, there are other options. At the Atlanta Center for Cosmetic Dentistry, our cosmetic dentists can explain the options to fit your preferences and your budget. Each of them works a little differently to straighten your teeth and give you a wow-worthy smile.
- Traditional Braces – An Economical Choice
You’re probably familiar with standard metal braces. The wires can poke your gums and make them sore. It’s not easy to clean your teeth when you wear metal braces. And they require regular appointments for adjustments.
Yet, they work. Metal braces straighten your teeth and can correct a variety of bite problems. They are also less expensive than Invisalign and instant orthodontics.
- Invisalign Is Fast and Aesthetically Pleasing
Invisalign was designed to meet the needs of people who require orthodontic treatment but don’t want the look or feel of metal braces.
Invisalign treatment is carefully planned
What Can You Expect with Invisalign?
- Treatment involves clear aligners, so most people cannot tell you’re wearing an orthodontic appliance.
- There are no poky wires and no weekly or bi-monthly adjustments.
- You’ll still need regular checkups throughout treatment.
- Treatment is usually faster than traditional braces, with most cases completing in about a year.
Things to consider
- Invisalign costs a little more than traditional metal braces.
- Although the aligners can correct most cases of misalignment, they won’t work for everyone.
- You’ll have success if you are truly committed to treatment because the aligners must be worn for 22 hours each day. You’ll remove them only to eat and to brush and floss your teeth.
- Instant Orthodontics Delivers the Fastest Results
If you want a new smile at lightning speed, you might be happiest with instant orthodontics, which can be completed in as few as two weeks.
How does it work?
- Your smile will be enhanced with cosmetic dentistry techniques, such as porcelain veneers, dental crowns, or dental bonding.
- Adjustments to your bite are also made during treatment, rapidly providing enhanced form and function.
- Instant orthodontics also addresses issues with the color and uniformity of your smile.
- This option is more expensive than traditional braces or Invisalign.
Schedule an Orthodontic Consultation
As a fellow of the American Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry, Dr. Debra Gray King has a wealth of knowledge and experience in creating breathtaking smiles. If you would like to enhance your smile and get natural-looking results, schedule a consultation at the Atlanta Center for Cosmetic Dentistry.
Call us at 404-994-4509 to schedule an appointment, or complete our Request an Appointment form.