At Atlanta Center for Cosmetic Dentistry, we provide both porcelain veneers and Invisalign. Each of these treatments can be used to align teeth, but specific treatment is recommended on a case-by-case basis.
Below is an inquiry from a patient of another practice who is wondering if she should move forward with porcelain veneers or Invisalign to align her teeth.
I can’t make up my mind on whether to get porcelain veneers or Invisalign. My front teeth are crooked. I also want my teeth to be whiter. My bottom teeth are okay, so I think I can live with them. I’m thinking veneers might be best because they will get my teeth straight and white. I know they are not cheap, so I am wondering at my age (24) if they will last my whole life or if I will have to keep getting new ones. If they won’t last my whole life then maybe Invisalign will work, although I want veneers because it’s so much faster and I want to be done with it. This is confusing. Thanks for your advice. Mikaela
We’ll discuss the highlights of porcelain veneers and Invisalign to see if we can help you determine which is the best solution for you. It is always best to schedule a consultation with one of our accredited cosmetic dentists to discuss your options.
Advantages of Porcelain Veneers
- A single porcelain veneer
Porcelain can be manipulated to match the color, characteristics, and translucency of your natural teeth.
- The results are faster than Invisalign. In just a few visits, a skilled cosmetic dentist can transform your smile.
- They are durable and can last 10 to 15 years or longer, depending on how well you take care of them.
Although treatment time is longer than porcelain veneers, most people won’t notice the aligners.
What can you expect if you choose Invisalign?
- A skilled cosmetic dentist can provide you with Invisalign and professionally whiten your teeth.
- After your Invisalign treatment, you will need to wear a retainer full time. After about a year, you will switch to wearing the retainer each night to keep your teeth aligned.
- If you wear a retainer as instructed, your orthodontic treatment will last a lifetime and ultimately cost less expensive than porcelain veneers.
- Periodic at-home touchups with bleaching gel will keep your smile bright.
We welcome you to schedule a consultation with one of our accredited cosmetic dentists. We’ll explain your options for porcelain veneers and Invisalign and let you know the results you can expect. Call us at 404-994-4509, or request an appointment online.